Square title: Scallop Lace Square
General Pattern: It's a very pretty fan/shell style stitch. It's a three row pattern, with a foundation row. Which you are establishing the shape of the square, via V stitches then next rows then alternating making the scallops and the V's
My thoughts and views on this square and/or the experience of crocheting it:
I would use it, this pattern, for a shawl in another yarn. We had to learn to make this V stitch so I was slightly impressed that they kept building on skills. We worked this with trebles. I like trebles they are fun and fast. I think I was able to do this square in an evening.
I'm becoming unimpressed with the colorways they have selected. I was willing to let the not Redcurrant pass (in the issue it was red the yarn was dull and a purple red) But the purpleish clover pink when in the magazine it shows real pink is really starting to frustrate me and making me all the more, willing is the word I'm looking for I guess, to source my own yarns for this throw. I hold out hope that this is just a dye issue and will work out as issues progress.
1 comment:
Hi, I have just found your blog on AOC and I also found your tutorial on SQ1 [which I thought I was going mad over] as AOC/Hachette ONLY have the new 'revised' tutorials for and have failed to reply to my plea for help. Did you make a Tutorial for the squares 2 onwards? I am finding it very difficult to follow the magazine. I a very new to crochet and I am seriously wondering if it is too difficult. [I am in UK]
kindest regards
Julie
Post a Comment