Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Art of Crochet - Square One

All crochet terms are expressed in UK terminology
 
Square title: 'Simple Textured Square'

General Pattern:
It is a square made up of a double crochet row then a row with alternating double crochet with treble crochet.

My thoughts and views on this square and/or the experience of crocheting it:
After getting used to the horrid quality of the acrylic yarn, and how much it just split on me.
I found with this square that I enjoyed the double crochet rows more than the alternating double and treble crochet rows because of trying to remember what stitch I was on. Also just the general theory of counting the stitches. If I had to put my work down I was screwed! Trying to find that last stitch of the row was a pain. I started to wonder just why people did this for fun if the end of these 23 stitches you had to figure out where to put your hook for that stitch.

The resulting fabric was so stiff that it would give cardboard a run for it's money. If the yarn continues to be of this stiffness and poor quality this throw is not going to be used by me on my bed. Perhaps camping or picnicking.

Below is a photo. As you can see the edges are very snake like.

No comments: