Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Art of Crochet - Square Four

The Art of Crochet Throw Square Four

All crochet terms are expressed in UK terminology
 
Square title: Treble square with cross stitch diamond

General Pattern: Simple treble stitch square in the vanilla yarn (they couldn't mess that one up) then you take the left over yarn from issue two and cross stitch a diamond on it.

My thoughts and views on this square and/or the experience of crocheting it: I loved doing the treble square. Treble stitch is my all time favorite stitch of the moment and I love cross stitch, you would think this would be a fun and favorite square. Think again. Cross stitching over crochet stitches is difficult, especially with the now expected lack of guidance from the magazine. No where did I find in 15 issues how to cross stitch on the square. I was just told count up x rows and over x stitches and cross stitch. Huh?! Okay how? Is the X centered on the stitch...tried that no. I was able to divine that it covers the post of the treble and kinda fiddles into the base and top of the post of the treble. It's not and will never be even.
Here is the front of the square:

And here is the reverse:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The treble parade would have been the most perfect moment of my footballing life, but for the two people standing behind me, clearly already plotting their next move. See the link below for more info.


#treble
www.ufgop.org