The Art of Crochet Throw Square Three
All crochet terms are expressed in UK terminology
Square title:Granny Square
General Pattern: It's a traditional pattern. Six rounds of stitches in a distinctive pattern. The twist with this was that the first and last rounds were trebles while the other rounds were half trebles (new stitch), joining yarn with and using slip stitches (new techniques)
My thoughts and views on this square and/or the experience of crocheting it:
Reading through the pattern was a bit off putting. They started using much more of knitting/crochet abbreviations and repeat symbols. I only used knitting since as a knitter the * and [ don't really throw me that much. So getting used to them in a crochet reference was a bit of work. Joining of the yarn with the slip stitch was problematic and I know now that I didn't get it right. The square still looked good so I didn't fuss too much. At least this yarn matched what was pictured in the magazine much much better.
One lack of planning moment from the magazine. They had a section in their issue 5 stitch library about granny squares and how to do them. Umm shouldn't that have been in issue 3? I had to do extra research in order to figure out on my own how to manage this. Lesson learned.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment